My favorite photography themes are: Love. Life. Simplicity. Humanity. Nature. The Art of Random. Etc.
The phrase/term of endearment "Neo-Victorian" was coined by my loving boyfriend, Jared (of almost one year come next week), in March of this year, and it has definitely stuck with me. Jared says I am so old fashioned in my thought processes, and in the ways that my idealist mind works, but I am of this century nonetheless. My current tastes, stylings and interests combined with my idealism vary between being a lover of some very modern things, i.e. cameras, computers, cell phones, while still embracing things and thoughts from centuries past, i.e. courting, anti-feminism, marriage, using proper English when speaking (how 'bout that ya'll?) etc.
I want to show imagery that illuminates the past, in my photography, but that also at the same time lights the future that lies ahead in wait...the road before our feet to tread. That said, I will be photographing my life as a Neo-Victorian for you all to glimpse and ponder. I can't wait to share my "eyes" and "heart" with you through my photos! (Hopefully I will get a better camera soon. ;-) Really, the only place to go on from here is up...in my skill of photography, and so I shall commence.)
(*Note: Occasionally I will post photos that my sister (Mary) has taken for/of me, that I will have edited. These photos will have the tag: Kat-Belle Photography.)







New camera? I would love to see who loves what cameras and why. There are so many features out there and it seems like they are all good (in the commercials) but the truth is out. What camera would you chose everybody & why?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond90/
ReplyDeleteThis is my new camera and when life settles back in I will be having a blast with it!!! The review says it all. Can't wait to play with it so I can be one with my camera before any marriages.. births of grand kids..etc! Really though.. I am excited to start experimenting with it at Blackwater Forrest, the Beach, our property etc.... Happy looking!
I have also read that a Cannon Rebel is a great SLR for beginners. It has some great ratings as well and is much more affordable for the body. There are so many lenses that are available and if you want to take macro pics you are gonna need a lense for that. Anyway, check out the Rebel too.
ReplyDelete