7.28.2011

She Speaks Conference 2011

Well, I apologize for not being on here much lately. I've been focusing more on my writing lately than on my photography,  but I am pretty sure that I am getting ready to find that sweet spot in life that is simply called, balance. This past weekend I attended She Speaks, which is a conference run by Proverbs 31 Ministries for writer's, speaker's and women who are in ministry. It was the best weekend of my life, and my only regret is that I did not bring Lila Canon (my fancy pantsy dslr) with me. Next year I will tote my Canon with me to be sure (if I'm able to go again that is!) So here are the highlights in photos from this past weekend from my not-so-good-and-pretty-much-just-plain-pitiful-camera:

 Signed books from authors that are inspiring.


 ...and what I will surely get to eat in Heaven every single day when I get there!

 Ann Voskamp was such an eloquent speaker and she is such a very lovely lady. It was an honor to have met her at the conference and to get my copy of her book signed by her. You can find Ann's blog at: A Holy Experience

 After a few minutes of searching I finally found my name in the quiet and spirit filled prayer room. Yes, I had to keep on reminding myself at the conference that "God IS with me. You can do this!"

 I finally met a blogger friend in person! Rachelle is the sweetest person you'd ever meet and I look forward to getting to know her better! I'm so glad to have met you at She Speaks, Rachelle!


My roommate, Joanna is a speaker/writer. I know that the Lord was stirring her heart slowly, as He was mine too, at the conference. Maybe we'll get Joanna a blog set up soon!? ;)

God spoke so much to my heart this past weekend while I was at She Speaks. I didn't just learn about writing. I learned about giving Him my gift of writing, letting go, letting Him chisel me, having confidence in myself and in my gift, being thankful for every star and every word that flows from my fingertips to your heart and how not to envy someone else's gift that God gave especially to them.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sierra! I did have an awesome time, and the Lord was definitely speaking to me LOUD & CLEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dessert could convert someone to Jesus in one bite. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right? It was so nice meeting you at the conference, Jenny. I'm really looking froward to reading 'Save The Date!' A few of my coworkers have read it when nights at the bookstore were dead and they've done nothing but raved about your book over and over again to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a blessed time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... it looks like you had a great time! I have enjoyed reading One Thousand Gifts so much!

    ReplyDelete

Have any photography advice, or thoughts on what you've seen here on Neo-Victorian Photography? Please be sure to share about what camera you use and why, and how to better edit photos...please! Thanks in advance for your comments and input!
~The Neo-Victorian

data:newerPageTitle data:olderPageTitle data:homeMsg